Indian street food has a different kind of fan base and yes, I am one of those crazy fans. I love street food and among many other dishes that the road side vendors serve, chicken chow mein aka chicken noodles has always been my most favourite. I never say no to noodles, specially when it is with chicken. This always makes a great dinner option in my house and, for breakfast, my family prefers the same with eggs instead of chicken. Chicken noodles is kind of regular in my house but today’s version is different. Unlike my usual chicken noodles this is super spicy.
As I have a taken quite a long break from my blogging, I decided to come back with something tasty, easy and no-one-can-say-no-to recipe. My health issues were keeping me away from my blog and also from my kitchen. After a prologue use of medication my taste buds turned quite suppressed and I actually don’t find taste in anything. But this spicy chicken noodles is a game changer. My taste buds are quite charged up now.
I was lucky enough to have some delicious Singaporean noodles bought by my sister during her recent visit to Singapore. The package contained 340 gm wheat noodles and the quantity was apt for 3-4 people. For this preparation I have marinated the chicken pieces for approx 2 hours. Let me tell you how I prepared my chicken noodles. Hope you all like it.
- 340 gm plain noodles
- 400 gm boneless chicken cubes
- 1 bell pepper, vertically chopped (approx 1 inch)
- 1-2 carrot, vertically chopped (approx 1 inch)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tea-spoon soya sauce
- 2 table-spoon vegetable oil
- salt, according to taste
- 1 table-spoon soya sauce
- 1 table-spoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 tea-spoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tea-spoon black pepper powder
- 1 tea-spoon lime juice
- 2 pinch salt
- 1 tea-spoon vegetable oil
- Marinate the chicken for 1-2 hours with all the ingredients mentioned in For Marination section.
- Boil sufficient water in a vessel and add the noodles. Stir slowly for 3-4 minutes and drain the water. Put the noodle under running water for few seconds. Drain all the water properly and keep the noodles aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion and garlic. Sautè until the onion turns golden brown.
- Now, add chopped green chillies, bell pepper, carrot and the marinated chicken. Add salt and give the whole thing a proper mix. Cover the lid and lower the flame.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes on low to medium flame. Open the lid and check if the chicken is properly cooked. The gravy should be like a thick sauce.
- Keep the flame low and add the noodles. Add 1 tea-spoon soya sauce and mix well.
- Stir fry the entire thing for 2-3 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Your Street Food Style Chicken Noodles is ready to be served now.
Serve this dish hot and enjoy with your family. This chicken noodles is a great dinner option, although, I don’t mind having it for lunch as well.
Do drop me a comment giving your feedback about this recipe. You can also tag me on Instagram using the handle @when_a_bong_cooks.