This is a super easy party recipe 🙂 When a non vegetarian like me throws a house party, chicken is a mandatory item. This time, for Christmas party, when my sister called and told me that she want to have something which is spicy yet light on stomach, the idea of this recipe clicked on my mind. This juicy, flavourful, spicy and a little sweet chicken preparation is excellent for welcoming guests during this festive season. You can try the same recipe with boneless chicken pieces, but I always prefer pieces with bones.
Here’s the recipe of how I prepared it.
- 3 chicken whole legs
- 4 table-spoon tomato ketchup
- 3 table-spoon honey
- 2 table-spoon yogurt
- 1 table-spoon lemon juice
- 1 table-spoon oil
- 1/2 tea-spoon turmeric powder
- 1 tea-spoon red chilli powder
- 1 tea-spoon mixed herbs
- 1 tea-spoon thyme
- 1 tea-spoon parsley
- salt (according to taste)
- Clean the chicken pieces and incise.
- For marination, mix all the above mentioned ingredients together and marinate the chicken with the mixture for 2-3 hours.
- For grilling, preheat the microwave oven in convection+grill mode on 200 °C (full power) for 7-8 minutes.
- Place the pieces on the grill rack and place the rack in the centre of the oven.
- Grill the pieces for 30-40 minutes on 200 °C (full power). The baking time may vary from oven to oven. Read your microwave oven instructions properly.
- In every 10 minutes, pause the grill and turn the pieces with the help of a kitchen tong.
- Every time you turn the pieces, rub them with the leftover marination mixture with the help of a brush or spoon.
- Once meat starts leaving the bone and the chicken turns glassy golden brown, you know that your Honey Glazed Grilled Chicken is ready.
Remove it from the microwave oven and serve hot with onion and lime. You can also serve it with tossed or grilled veggies. It also goes perfectly with peas pulao. However you have it, you will know you are having the best 🙂
Do try this recipe and don’t forget to drop a comment telling how you like it. Happy eating and happy holidays to you all!