Well, this is something everyone would want to have after a long and prologue sweet treat. Dussehra, Diwali, Bhai Dooj and so on – festivals are in the air and so are the sweets. It’s definitely the time to give yourself a break and indulge to something salty and soulful – and nothing can be better than this Butter Masala Kaju. This is perfect for any house party or simply time-pass munching. Your kids would love to have it and adults may find it a perfect compliment with their drinks. Crispy, crunchy, savory and healthy – this snack would never disappoint you and you can store it in an air-tight container upto 10-12 days.
There are many varieties of masala kaju (spicy cashew-nut) available in the market, but having something homemade is always a better option. Kaju is known for it’s crunchy yet creamy taste and when it is toasted with little butter and mixed with few exotic spices, the taste knows no bounds. This recipe is completely hassle free and needs no expertise. Instead of whole kaju, I have taken broken kaju for this recipe. Here it is.
- 250 gms kaju (whole or broken)
- 2 table-spoon butter
- 1 tea-spoon cumin seeds (whole jeera)
- 1 tea-spoon red chilli powder
- 1 tea-spoon chaat masala
- 1/2 tea-spoon salt (or, according to taste)
- 1/2 tea-spoon sugar
- Heat butter in a thick bottom frying pan and cumin seeds. Allow them to splutter.
- Now, lower the flame and add cashew-nuts. Sautè until they turn golden brown.
- Keep the flame to minimum and add red chilli powder, chaat masala and salt and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and give it a quick mix again.
- Turn off the flame, cover the lid and let it set for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and cool it down to the room temperature. Your Butter Masala Kaju – Dry Fry is ready now.
Have it immediately or store in an air-tight container. Pack it in a pouch and carry with you when you are travelling. Enjoy with hot tea or serve with alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks. There are just too many ways to enjoy this awesome snack.
Do prepare this recipe and don’t forget to drop me a comment about it. Happy eating!