Rum-Dry Fruit Mini Muffins
Red is the theme of the season and Rum is the warmth of the same. Traditional Rich Fruitcake aka Christmas Cake is a must-bake at this time of the year and I, being no exception, do the same every year without miss. This year, though the Rich Fruitcake is also in the bucket-list, I thought of starting the official baking season with something new and different. Baking has never been my forte but yes, I enjoy baking. As it is something out of my usual kitchen activity, I try to come up with different things whenever I bake. Today’s muffins are the outcome of that try and the result is utterly delicious.
My this year’s baking has already started and my cake-aholic sister has not stepped yet at my place as she is on holiday. Also, she is not yet aware of my newly baked muffins and is going to bring the hell on earth when she will know that I have already finished the bunch without saving a single piece for her 😛 Sam and I literally finished the entire bunch at one go and that too at midnight while watching Little Things on Netflix. These little things matter in life so much 🙂
Coming to these cute yummy muffins, they are soft and moist and have the crunchiness of dried fruits and kick of rum. The below mentioned ingredients should give you 10 mini muffins. Please note that I use my Microwave Oven for baking and have given the instructions accordingly. I always set the oven in grill+convection mode to pre-heat and microwave+convection to bake. The baking time and temperature may vary from oven to oven. Read your oven’s instruction manual properly. Here’s the recipe for you all.
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tea-spoon baking powder
- 2 pinches of baking soda
- 1 tea-spoon cinnamon powder
- 5 table-spoon rum soaked dry fruits
- 2/3 cup rum
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tea-spoon vanilla essence
- 50 gm salted butter
- as required melted butter to grease the baking vessels
- Beat the eggs properly with rum and vanilla essence until blended. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugar powder properly. Keep mixing them until the butter has no lumps.
- Now, in a separate bowel, mix all the dry ingredients – all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder together.
- For batter, pour the blended egg mixture on the dry mixture and whisk properly.
- Add dry fruits and mix very well with the batter.
- Preheat the oven at 170 °C for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease the muffin moulds with melted butter and pour the batter. Tap the moulds to make sure there is no air bubbles left on the batter.
- Place the moulds carefully on the baking tray and place in the oven and bake for 6 minutes at 110 °C.
- Once the baking time is over, take out the muffins and insert a toothpick to check if properly baked. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are done. If not, bake for some more time.
- Once done, remove the muffins from oven and let them cool down completely.
- With the help of toothpick make small holes on the muffins and spread some rum on the top of them. Let the muffins absorb the rum. Your Rum-Dry Fruit Mini Muffins are ready now.
These cute mini muffins make excellent evening munch. Also, they can be served as dessert. If you are like me, these muffins can become your mid-night munch as well 😀
Enjoy this rich muffins with your love ones and do drop me a comment giving your feedback about this recipe. You can also tag me on Instagram using the handle @when_a_bong_cooks.
Merry Christmas in advance!