A day like today – you wake up late and realize that the breakfast time has already passed. You brush your teeth and manage to have a late breakfast somehow. Then again, you realize that you are almost out of supplies and there is hardly anything to cook for lunch. You almost decide to order lunch from outside and right that moment your mom calls. Learning that you will order lunch from outside, she says “Issh, bairer khawa khash na. Taratari kichu ekta baniye ne. Ghore dim nei?” (Don’t have outside food. Why don’t you cook something fast! Do you have eggs in stock?). And then you realize that you almost forgot about the eggs that you have in the fridge. Immediately you decide what to cook for lunch – something that is fast, easy and super tasty, and you make Dim Posto-Sorshe. This is my today’s tale 🙂
Here’s the recipe of Dim Posto-Sorshe:
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 table-spoon yellow mustard seed
- 2 table-spoon poppy seed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 tea-spoon fenugreek
- 1/2 tea-spoon turmeric powder
- 5 green chillies, 2 roughly chopped and 3 slitted
- 2 dried red chillies
- 2 table-spoon mustard oil
- salt (according to taste)
- Make a fine paste of poppy-mustard seeds and 2 chopped green chilies together and keep aside.
- Put vertical slit on the eggs so that the flavour of the spices can go inside.
- Rub the eggs with little turmeric powder and salt and shallow fry them in heated oil. Once they are fried, remove from the oil and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek and dried red chillies. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomato and stir until it becomes soft.
- Now, add the poppy-mustard paste, turmeric powder, slitted green chillies and salt.
- Add 1 cup warm water, mix well and cover the lid. Bring it to boil.
- Now, add the eggs and cover the lid again. Cook it on medium flame for around 10 minutes.
- Your Dim Posto-Sorshe is ready to be served now.
Have it with hot steamed rice and enjoy with your loved ones. Happy eating guys!